Friday, February 28, 2014

Bucket List

So, I should be working. (actually, that would be a great title for another blog or website).

I watched Casey Neistat stuff, not even sure how I ended up doing that. Then, there's yesterday's post about VW Things.

I've pointed out this young lady's tumblr before. Lots of cool images about stuff I like right there.

Huckberry always gets me motivated.

So, the list. The bucket list. It's also on Pinterest, sorta. *reminder to link to that later*

I am 48 year 7 months 9 days old, 17,756 days to be exact, and I've done a lot of things. Let's see, a brief list includes travels to Haiti, East (and West Germany), Canada, Ireland England and Scotland, Devil's Tower, Mt. Rushmore, Wall SD, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, LA, San Diego, NYC, Baltimore, Virginia Beach, Washington DC, McKinney Texas, all over Florida, Gatlinburg and the Smokys, BWCAW, Madison WI, Grand Traverse bay, Mackinac Island, Disney World and Disneyland, ok?

I've skied a bunch (not enough), played guitar a bunch, I was an Irish step-dancer, been the lead in a musical, choired all over the place, taught horseback riding, canoed, rock climbed, hiked and camped. I even did a triathlon

Never been to the Pacific Northwest or the Atlantic Northeast. Mexico. Asia. Greece. Paris. North Dakota. Plenty of places yet to visit.

Here's where I really want to go: South Pacific, including New Zealand and Australia. Greece. Rural France. the Black Sea. Siberia (really, it intrigues me). The Canadian Maritimes. Seattle and Maine.

I kinda learned how to surf in Ireland in 1988, I'd like to do that more seriously. So, Hawaii would be nice.
I want to learn scuba.
Get my motorcycle endorsement.
Concealed carry, just to be legal, I don't even really want to own a gun, however.
Skydive/hang glide
Become a functional piano player
Learn a new string instrument, mandolin, or ukelele maybe. Get better at the ones I already know.
Do stand-up once.
Be in a band.
Sing in front of a large audience, again.
Write and publish a novel, or a collection of short work.
Lose a few pounds. Not exactly a 'bucket list' item for most, but it is for me.
Own and regularly drive a VW Thing. (duh)

I'll keep adding.


No comments:

Post a Comment