Thursday, April 25, 2013

Church Thoughts

We actually did a song with the choir in reference to Earth Day this past Sunday, but it was a song I am down with:

Care For Creation (Words and Music by Pepper Choplin) As this is a copyrighted work, and I share here without permission, if Mr. Choplin asks me to take this down, I will.

When I rise in the morning and consider all the blessings of the earth,
I give thanks to my Creator, to the One who gave me breath upon my birth.
I offer my thanksgiving for all God allows me to share, but I show my true thanksgiving when I nurture all God placed within my care.

     Let me worship the Creator and care for the creation as I live my life to worship and restore.
     I will sing and I will praise, but the measure of my days is how I care for the creation of the Lord.

As I move among God's children, may I show respect and care of all I meet. For the Creator who I worship has created them with holy dignity.


     Let me worship the Creator and care for the creation as I live my life to worship and restore.
     I will sing and I will praise, but the measure of my days is how I care for the creation of the Lord.


Also, our pastor led the service with some thoughts and prayer regarding the news of the week, Boston, etc. He struck me (as wrong) with a line about the sad state of the world, and I scribbled this on my Order of Worship:

"Actually, I took from this week the amazing human spirit, the goodness that responds so selflessly in the face of evil and evil acts. Goodness overwhelms evil. Sometimes it takes time, sometimes we see it immediately. People are good."

No comments:

Post a Comment