Monday, March 18, 2013

The Day After St. Patrick's Day

It has been a long time since my last post!

Work has been busy, sure (I should be working right now, not posting), and life outside of the job is still the usual fast-paced suburban family life that it has been, but mostly, I haven't had anything to say that I felt was interesting or necessary. I have occasionally posted on my other blog, but those tend to be short and sweet.

Sure, I keep looking on the Samba for vws, but that's just lurking, I have no cash for that, even if they keep showing up in dreams.

Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day, a day that is significant in my family for many reasons, but this year, it was a day that I didn't even set foot in the family pub. Have I mentioned that my family owns a pub? Well, some of us do: it's a long story that doesn't belong on the internet, but after my parents died, the family business got passed on to we kids. One of us didn't want to be a part owner, so another worked out a deal to buy that share, and when we sold the house, he traded his share in the house for most of our sister's share in the business, so she has a very nominal stake, I have just under 20%, another brother has 20%.

Today, though, I reflect on what that all means, as I wasn't a part of the long working weekend this year, nor was I asked to be. I'd be concerned that he didn't ask, except for the simple truth that I couldn't have worked this year with all my family's stuff, coupled with the knowledge that he was probably expecting me to call him and offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment