Thursday, March 1, 2018

March is Thing Month.

Ok, it's not really Thing Month, but I haven't posted a silly post in a while, and there are some Things on the Samba that are still relatively inexpensive (and the usual crazy priced ones).  So, even though we all know that I've been trolling sites that list THings for years, I still haven't saved a dime towards buying one...

Nevertheless, here are some.


This yellow thing  for an asking price of $6500 is a pretty good deal, the work listed is pretty impressive (the brakes, for example) even if it still needs work. The days of a $2000 runner are long gone. **4/11 update, sold!**


Another 73, this nice looking (from a distance) white Thing is listed at $7500, but isn't ready to drive away. **4/11 update, down to $7350**

Stepping down in price, $4500, and noticeably worse, is this orange Thing with a dented fender. Still OK with me! **3/14 update, price down to $4000*** if only....  **4/11 update, back up to $4200!




Compare this to a Thing that's been on the Samba for several years. I post it here because I've been trolling these long enough to know that he started asking $2500 for this a while ago.

Now, it's $5500 FIRM. I laugh, I laugh, and yet wished I'd bought it when I wanted to 3 years ago.



This one used to be $5500 but is now $7500. Keep trying, dude.


This all reminds me of a green and white Thing that kept getting re-posted in Craigslist and The Samba for all kinds of prices.
I posted that laughing at the reposting , and I assume it finally got sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment